Thank you for your interest in Holben Hay Lake Balzer CPAs.
Holben Hay Lake Balzer is a local CPA firm serving closely held business for over 70 years. We provide an atmosphere where training, resources and opportunities will foster your personal and professional growth, and promote a healthy work/life balance that allows for more flexible hours during peak busy seasons. We are currently seeking talented individuals who wish to be part of a collaborative work environment.
Holben Hay Lake Balzer CPAs, LLC (HHLB) is a second generation firm providing over 60 years of CPA services in the Denver metro area. Founded by Dale M. Holben in 1945, HHLB has been one of the largest and most respected local CPA firms in Denver for many years. This reputation results from providing complex, superior services to a high quality client base.
Our services, clients, and ideas extend well beyond the reach of most firms. We deliver personalized, comprehensive, high quality services to select and sophisticated clients with complex issues. We are a firm with a diverse client base composed of closely held businesses, financial institutions, individuals, trusts, non-profit organizations and government agencies. HHLB takes pride in being a value added client service provider that takes a proactive approach to planning and problem solving for individual client needs.
We are currently seeking a professional to join our growing audit practice as an Audit Senior.
Expectations of Audit Senior:
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality
- Manage multiple engagements and completing projects in a fast-paced, results-based, team environment
- Perform client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, completing audit engagements and adhering to budgets
- Research and consult with client, staff, and partners on various audit matters
- Maintain a first-rate working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements
- Limited travel
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA required, or actively pursuing
- 2+ years of audit experience in public accounting
- Experience with financial institutions and/or pension plans considered a plus
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Strong excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and audit-related software required
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please e-mail your cover letter, resume, list of references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org Attention Patty
Senior / Manager
Are you an ambitious tax professional who is a team-player looking to build upon your skills by working alongside a dynamic group of tax professionals? Are you looking for an environment that is hard working, yet flexible and respects a work/life balance? If so we have an opportunity for you.
Our ideal candidate is not only ready and willing to add value to our clients through proactive planning, problem-solving and advising, but is also excited about playing an integral role in the support and overall success of the team we have here.
This job might be for you if you’re:
- A Certified Public Accountant or working towards a certificate
- Experienced in preparing complex 1120, 1120s, 1065, 1041, 1040 (3+ years)
- Experienced with client management and communication
- Able to adapt to a changing business landscape, work around potential new challenges, and demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Willing to demonstrate strong self-management skills and your aptitude for learning
- Experienced in preparing 1120, 1120s, 1065, 1041, 1040 (3+ years)
- Able to ask questions, elevate issues, and discuss information about your work with your team and/or supervisors
- Able to work well with others and contribute to the success of a team
- Looking to take your career to the next level, while also driving the business forward
How to Apply:
Please send resume, references and salary requirements to email@example.com